Saturday, March 7, 2009

THIS IS ABOUT YOU-GET YOUR VISION CHECKED



The Lord gives wisdom,

and from his mouth comes knowledge and understanding

Proverbs 2:6





Youtube:Iyanla Vanzant Your Eyes Will Adjust!






I really feel that this is an equal opportunity message, that doesn't have to be gender specific, so we can all comfortably apply this message and be empowered by this scripture.
1God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
4There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
8Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
Psalm 46
I love Iyanla's boldness, she always uses practical daily experiences to bring the point home for all of us! Who would have guessed that a simple eye exam could be so crucial to our welfare? After hearing her I am sure you too are wondering, what have I adjusted to that has distorted or blurred my focus? What have I adapted too that isn’t necessarily beneficial for my mental, spiritual, emotional and physical wellbeing? If we wish to take this thought a little further , how is it impacting those I love and care for? Maybe the thought is much too much to tackle , let alone move towards correcting it? I earnestly believe God is our strength and refudge . Certainly His is the strength and power to assist us.



Live Your Best Life,



is a slogan I hear often. I like it, but know the only way to live with my self and be content is to face head on the heart and soul issues! I can’t live like an ostrich with my head and heart buried, being oblivious to the obvious! Ignoring the elephant in the room just isn't healthy!




Today I am pushed to pray:


Lord I thank you for the strength to handle what I've ignored , I need your courage to help me to deal with the tough stuff, to become proactive
and live a life that is good for me and your service.
I am trusting you, your word and your power to see me through!
In Jesus' Holy Name!
Amen!



“Do it for your own self?" or " Do it for your own sanity!” is what is ringing in my spirit! I have several matters that I sure idly need to address: forgiving is at the top of the list! Forgiving them and myself are key, so I can get on with more fruitful and intentional living. It's going to take work!




Iyanla’s honesty is not timid-but in your face, upfront and boisterous. It is good to know that sometimes we need a wake up call in our lives and to stop tip-toeing around the heart and soul matters. If I am close to the target I believe this morning 's message encompasses getting our spiritual and natural vision checked! Thank you Holy Spirit for imparting your wisdom.



Friends if you don’t do it today-anticipate your progression , life is swiftly moving! No need to keep stumbling in the dark.




Enjoy more of Iyanla's sage advice on Beliefnet's Listen from the Heart



Growing Stronger and Thankful for God's Grace

Linda Mose Meadows, Author

The Blessedness of Believing

A Devotional Journey of Life's Lessons and God's Promises

http://blessednessofbelieving.blogspot.com/

No comments:

You’ve Got A Friend

  One of my favorite  songs is: “You’ve Got A Friend (originally by Carole King with Roberta Flack ) This song came rushing to my mind as I ...