Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Blessed and Smiling



"No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
and no mind has imagined
what God has prepared
for those who love him." 1 Cr 2:9 NIV


I know I have a new habit that I must get a hold of. But today, I am celebrating and thanking God for His faithfulness! Do you mind if I share? I first go to my hot mail scan my e-mail and enjoy reading the news from friends, and especially messages about the content of my devotionals and then gleefully go to my blog http://www.blessednessofbelieving.blogspot.com/ . My husband helped create the blog page, I mainly gave direction. Let’s call it creative consultation. But I really appreciate his creative eye and patience. Now I not only am reading but appreciating the cover of the book, photos of various family outings , new writings, featured historians / movers and shakers in ministry and yes, the photos of my book signing- my first at Barnes and Nobles in Williamsburg. I glance at the photographs of smiling at Barnes and Nobles for many reasons. That particular day it was snowy and frigid, seldom do those weather factors come together here in Virginia. I was quietly celebrating in my spirit hoping that we’d arrive safely to our destination. I appeared outwardly composed but we know that was the furthest for the truth. It was a moment that I had long dreamed of and was thankful to God that this was my life and not someone else’s that I was witnessing.

Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.
Deut. 7:9 NIV

My baby has been birthed- my book The Blessedness of believing A Devotional Journey of Life’s Lessons and God’s Promises and yes, it is being received joyfully. Friends continue to phone celebrating with me, prayerful and and thankful for the timely messages not only for themselves but others. It’s simply God’s word, validating that no matter our circumstance He’s available and His love abounds. God is talking and I, along with the reader am attentively listening.

I pray if you haven’t had the opportunity to hold your “gift(s)” the things you’ve labored over and/or prayed over-that it happens soon for you. Yes, now it’s tangible/real! I can hold mine, thumb through the book, admire its cover, chat with friends and family who had acquired the book and even reference the Barnes and Nobles web site to appreciate the candid and heartfelt comments of several book reviews. God has exceed my expectations!

What I enjoy most about sharing this is, I recall when this day was a mere dream an half hearted hope when I felt weary and afraid to think of the possibility that a manuscript would evolve into a printed book. But I see it now friends it already was what God had intended it to be. It just was taking God much to long to answer and deliver on my prayers in the time frame I had dictated. Admittedly my thoughts were, “Surely God blessed others when is my turn coming? “

Have you asked that question?

But friends it has happened. You can now Google my name and learn of several future book signings. You can check out Tate Publishing and Amazon .com and do comparison shopping. Why if you wish, just walk yourself to the customer service desk at Barnes and Noble and Borders or Books a Million and do as I first did, inquire if the devotional is in the book store, ( this is fun) sometimes yes and other times I was informed, “We’ll gladly order it and contact you when the book arrives in the store.”

The fact of the matter is the time has arrived and it is now!!

Our spiritual shift from desiring it, it our realizing it-is here in the natural. Glory! You can smile because your heart’s -it’s on the way!!! Your day has come.

I’ve now have options, choices with this wonderful blessing. I tell you this because I understand about being anxious and nervous, thinking that possible you won’t live to see your passion, your hearts desire birthed. But let me encourage you that it was 7 years ago when my writing began and it took several disappointing publishers and many writings later before I could see my book with my own eyes and touch with my hands, but God hasn’t failed me. The year I said, “God you’ve blessed Ricky and Michael (my husband and son), please don’t let another year come and I not have completed what you gave me to do!” He delivered by years end with Tate Publishing offering me a contract and providing me with more that I could have fathomed. An audible prayer, an open heart , a sincere petition were received in the heavenlies.

God is no respecter of persons, He’ll do the same for you—if it’s been placed in your heart, and deposited in your mind and spirit, (you fill in the blank with what you’ve been trusting God to do _______________ or i.e. initiating that new ministry, creating that innovative market plan, starting that thriving business, returning to complete that college degree, pursuing that GED, consulting with that academic advisor to begin your dissertation, not being fearful about adopting that foster child, being prayerful about that kind companion, relinquiching confusion to that peaceful life, anticipating that positive health diagnosis, or knowing that the answer to prayer-- it surely will happen.) Trust and believe our God and our Savior!

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:


To God only wise, [be] glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
Romans 16:26, 27 KJV

In the mean and lean time, let me suggest that you claim a favorite scripture, love God’s word and commit it to memory, find a magazine picture of that desired outcome –create a collage if you’ve got the energy, or just tape those things everywhere you’ll see it- the refrigerator, bathroom mirror, kitchen window and be assured if you can see it surely God can provide it.


"No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
and no mind has imagined
what God has prepared
for those who love him." [fn4]
1 Cr 2:9 NIV

I am a living testimony. There’s more to do, now it’s time to reach out, give forward, pay back and live with greater purpose, come on and join me friends. Be encouraged and sing a happy song, smile as you see yourself accomplished, blessed and whole!! You too are a child of a benevolent Holy Father! Thank you Lord! See you at the bookstore!!! Have a great day!


Blessings to you!
Joyfully Submitted by Linda Mose Meadows

No comments:

You’ve Got A Friend

  One of my favorite  songs is: “You’ve Got A Friend (originally by Carole King with Roberta Flack ) This song came rushing to my mind as I ...