Saturday, August 9, 2008

AN AFTERNOON OF EXUBERANCE AT TCC BARNES & NOBLE@ MacARTHUR MALL IN NORFOLK,VA

















Whoso trusteth in the Lord, happy is he.

Proverbs 16:20

I returned home a little warn around the edges, but actually I was so thankful that God had paved the way once again for me to share my devotional: The Blessedness of Believing A Devotional Journey of Life’s Lessons and God’s Promises by Linda Mose Meadows with new friends, writers, parents and some vacationers that blessed my very soul with their warmth and caring.

Yes indeed, I was truly amazed by the young family with the beautiful children who were gracious enough to come near my table as I shared that I was a new writer and lived in the community. They first purchased one book and then returned to gather up additional books to encourage their loved ones. Imagine that’s what I believe my devotional is intended to do-encourage readers that we are not forsaken-cast down-abandoned by God!

Looks like the Holy Ghost was active at TCC Barnes and Noble this afternoon.

Prior to this wonderful family acquiring their books, I had a really wonderful conversation with a mom that was preparing to send her daughter off to college. I knew this mixed emotion of joy and trepidation well. Not many years ago that was me. We concurred that it’s vital to pray over our children as they embark on their personal journeys and what’s also key is that our children understand how vital it is to pray-there’s power in prayer! They bought a devotional and then her mother-in- law blessed me with being interested in acquiring a devotional of her own. It was difficult to contain my joy!
And then my new friends, new writers, some inquisitive, some searching, some minding their own business entreated my offer to learn of my work - applauded my accomplishment and gleaned from my new found experience. I shared what I knew, called my husband over to impart what he knew about publishing and then encouraged them with words of affirmation.
My heart was glad that I could share my testimony and say,”You too will be here-just you wait and see!” I then said my fond farewell to a fellow author at Tate Publishing who now occupied the “author’s chair” and prayed that he’d also be blessed with divine encounters and well wishers.

You wonder how I’d sum up this afternoon’s activities? In a word-Exuberant!! Yep, that’s what I am still experiencing!

With Great Joy:
Linda Mose Meadows, author
The Blessedness of Believing
A Devotional Journey of Life's Lessons and God's Promises (Tate Publishing)

No comments:

You’ve Got A Friend

  One of my favorite  songs is: “You’ve Got A Friend (originally by Carole King with Roberta Flack ) This song came rushing to my mind as I ...