Friday, March 20, 2009

EGO TRIPPING- DECLARE TO THE WORLD, " I AM FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE!"


For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Psalm 139:13,14 (New International Version - UK)



Happy Friday my friends! For many of us it’s a day to slow our pace, smell the roses, breathe and acknowledge that it’s a TGIF (Thank God’s It’s Friday) moment. We’ve been through many emotional roller coasters-but we made it. I wanted to just share something inspirational to help you jumpstart your weekend. Think of this as a work reprieve.



Yes, I am sure your agree respite is in order, but it’s appropriate, I believe to first acknowledge God for his sweet grace and mercy! He has seen us through another week! As we prepare to enter into a more relaxed mode I wanted to provide you with some inspirational jazz music from a festival; but I really didn’t locate what I had desired, so I thought instead; I’ll let you select your own favorite artists but delight you with one of my favorite poetess.
Yes, she’s the incomparable, the magnanimous, the genius, the marvelous, the wonderful Nikki Giovanni. This seasoned, sanctified poet will delight your senses and lift your spirits. You’ll really celebrate her creativity and brilliance of conveying who’s you are and to whom you belong! In our spirits friend we can confidentlyego trip (the holy scripture gives us divine license) to comfortably declare to the world:



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Psalm 139: 13,14 (New International Version - UK)



Take a moment to enjoy this you tube video of Nikki’s poem: Ego Tripping and thank the person who wonderfully selected images that reflect Nikki’s expressions. And for those that aren’t familiar with “bad” in the vernacular it means awesome. Keep ego "tripping ya'll" God is well aware of our praise and thanksgiving!



EGO TRIPPING BY NIKKI GIOVANI






Ego Tripping by Nikki Giovanni (1973)

I was born in the Congo.

I walked to the Fertile Crescent and built the sphinx.
I designed a pyramid so tough that a star
that only glows every one hundred years falls
into the center giving divine perfect light.
I am bad.
I sat on the throne
drinking nectar with Allah.
I got hot and sent an ice age to Europe
to cool my thirst.
My oldest daughter is Nefertiti.
The tears from my birth pains
created the Nile.
I am a beautiful woman.
I gazed on the forest and burned
out the Sahara desert.
With a packet of goat's meat
and a change of clothes,
I crossed it in two hours.
I am a gazelle so swift,
so swift you can't catch me.
For a birthday present when he was three,
I gave my son Hannibal an elephant.
He gave me Rome for mother's day.
My strength flows ever on.
My son Noah built an ark and
I stood proudly at the helm
as we sailed on a soft summer day.
I turned myself into myself and was Jesus.
Men intone my loving name.
All praises all praises,
I am the one who would save.
I sowed diamonds in my back yard.
My bowels deliver uranium.
The filings from my fingernails are
semi-precious jewels.
On a trip north,
I caught a cold and blew
my nose giving oil to the Arab world.
I am so hip even my errors are correct.
I sailed west to reach east and had to round off
the earth as I went.
The hair from my head thinned and gold was laid
across three continents.
I am so perfect so divine so ethereal so surreal.
I cannot be comprehended except by my permission.
I mean...I...can fly
like a bird in the sky...
http://www.geocities.com/wenjin92014/poem/giovanni.htm



Other blog writings about Nikki Giovani
From My Heart To Yours
Linda Mose Meadows, Author
The Blessedness of Believing
A Devotional Journey of Life's Lessons and God's Promises( Tate, Nov. 2007)

No comments:

You’ve Got A Friend

  One of my favorite  songs is: “You’ve Got A Friend (originally by Carole King with Roberta Flack ) This song came rushing to my mind as I ...