- Waxing /cleaning the floors-think about the Lord's power and majesty (i.e. ThePsalm :5,6)
- Communication/How we speak to each other/ God gives us clear instructions for powerful living.
- Bags of potting soil-sowing good seeds-reap a harvest here in this life and the life to come.
- Tool chests,with nails, hammers etc.: what relationships need to be repaired?
- Baskest- what's overflowing? Share your joy, your gifts, your peace, passions and time!
- Shoes-give feet to faith! Get moving, believe and trust God to realize your dreams, your desires!
- Dishes-what love are your serving up today?
- Linens: be secure in God's word! Wrap yourself up in them.
- Music- what melody is playing in your heart?
- Candles- we are the light of the world, we're ambassadors for Christ!
- Clothing-dress yourselves in the fruit of the spirit: joy, gentleness, love, meekness, peace, temperance etc.
- Chest of drawers/dresser- what's tucked away that needs to be pulled out and reexamined?
- Curtains/Shades: pull back, lift up the shades and don't be afraid to let the light of the Lord expose/ shine on the interiors of your lives.
REMEMBER! IT'S PRAYERS THAT:
Permeate the walls of our homes, prayers to the most high God that refresh our spirit and wash us brand new.
Make it tolerable to place keys in locked doors of life's struggles that otherwise would have forever remained locked.
That cause us to love and celebrate home even with it's imperfections.
That bathe the heart and soothe the weary for soul for just another stretch of this natural and spiritual journey.
Oh my friends, it's a new season, its taking an honest look at our inventories and making us appreciate God/Jesus, our Lord and Savior, our relationships, nature, and the many blessings that are bestowed upon us and then it's easy to smell the roses and appreciate the view!
From My Heart To Yours,
Linda Mose Meadows, Author
The Blessedness of Believing
A Devotional Journey of Life's Lessons and God's Promises ( Tate Publishing, Nov. 2007)