Sunday, February 8, 2009

FIND GOD? WE MUST FIRST SEEK HIM!

Without faith it is impossible to please Him,
for He who comes to God must believe that He is,
and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
- Hebrews 11:6
Sometimes we are looking and looking for a certain thing and it's right in front of our eyes. Someone I love, often says when I can't find what I am anxiously trying to put my hands on is, "It's right where you left it." It sounds clever but it's accurate.
Who wants to admit or hear that? Certainly I don't; but it's often the truth. Usually we do discover the lost object, it's just not immediatley. We have to toss a cluttered drawer, look under the bed, check the fridge just in case, look through the bins and sift through a pile of stuff before the object of our search is located. Eventually you do find the item-you usually have half heartedly given up by then and just yell, "God help me!" And he does my friends! He comes to our rescue. He's a breath and a prayer away.
After reading Hebrews 11:6 I better understood that when it comes to our struggle to believe God for a given outcome, well that is really a matter of faith. Will I find what I'm seeking? Will He really do that for me or am I fooling myself? These have been some of the questions in my life's search. If you too have pondered those questions here's possibly an answer found in Our Daily Bread~October 30, 2008 (I seldom throw mine away) entitled:
GOD-OGRAPHY
"Understanding geography is helpful in daily life, but "God-ography" finding God is infinetly more crucial-for now and eternity. In Hebrews 11:6 we are told that to find God and please Him, we first have to believe that He exists. How can we prove that God exists? Finding God is a matter of faith-confidence in Him and commitment to Him. This confidence and commitment should remain strong even though the objects of our faith are unseen. The writer of Hebrews and apostle John agree that ultimately the way to find the Lord and please Him is by believing in His Son Jesus (Heb 11:6; John 14:6)
Finding God is solely a work of God. Those who seek Him will find Him because God will give them a heart to recognize Him as Lord(Jer. 29:13-14) Marvin Williams"
In essence seek with expectations friends, be confident that a divine blessing awaits you, even in the midst of confusion, clutter, frustration and caous-He can be found! I am a witness. God is available to you, you and me. Tell your heart to hold out, hold on-trust and believe.
Shared In Faith!
Linda Mose Meadows, Author
The Blessedness of Believing
A Devotional Journey of Life's Lessons and God's Promises (Tate Publishing, Nov.2007)

No comments:

You’ve Got A Friend

  One of my favorite  songs is: “You’ve Got A Friend (originally by Carole King with Roberta Flack ) This song came rushing to my mind as I ...