Sunday, January 25, 2009

DON'T LET THE FIRE GO OUT





"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours.”
—Ayn Rand (1905-1982); novelist, screenwriter

I just love these photos of my young cousin. She makes me smile, she makes my heart flutter with joy She has the joy of the Lord, it’s evident. This is a happy child. While I enjoyed laughter and conversation in her Gradmother’s kitchen- out of the corner of my eye I saw, her leap through the air with a dancer’s precision. My Aunt said, “Linda this is all the time!” It warmed my heart and made me smile ! Immediately I thought of the Dancer Theatre of Harlem’s beautiful and accomplished dancers. The founders Arthur Mitchell and Karel Shook surely they’d light up like Christmas trees to see this energetic, alive , enthusiastic child embrace her heart’s yearning gleefully! The founders strongly believe in their motto:


It’s apparent my young cousin is thinking, compassionate and intuitive about many things. Her family has closely observed and they are in tune with her calling.

They gotten her involved in artistic, scholastic enriching , positive self esteem building activities.

And sure enough one of the Christmas gifts presented to to her was Dancer Theatre of Harlem’s Anniversary Barbie!!

Her folks sees greatness all over her. Perfect gift for this graceful dancer. Every year I get a glimpse of her maturity during my home for the holiday visit. My family is doing a great job lovingly nurturing her and ushering her through this life. I applaud her Mommie for being so attentive to her child’s cultural, social and spiritual development My young cousin’s household has creatively ignited an inferno, these flames are bold, bright and receptive for being what God has called her to be. They won’t be extinguished. She’s an honor student, a regular in the Nutcracker and also a budding violinist with a community music school.

Oh the possibilities that await her! They are endless! And God reminds me that great possibilities await all of us even in the autum years! What's key is not to let the fire go out on our dreams and aspirations, not for our children and definetly not for ourselves!

Think for just a moment the flame that flickers in your spirit, are there embers alighting? Has the flame been doused? Is there anything smoldering in your spirit or are there simply old ashes and wet embers from the residue of life’s anguish?

Are the flames that reside in the young at heart individual that lives within your spirit, leaping?
I bet they are! What accomplishments are you aching to achieve? What dreams are you dreaming? What are you passionate about? And if given the opportunity what would you erect ?

Close your eyes for a moment and visualize and imagine yourself doing a new thing! Yes, we can conceive what we see in our hearts and minds. Yes, a new symphonic piece can be birthed. Yes, we can dance and twirl to new music allowing ourselves of letting go of past hurts, and present frustrations. Let a new you unfold as you move, breathe, leap, soar, and reach. Ask God for a new vision, call him in prayer, “Jesus” trust Him totally! Don’t let the fire go out God is whispering in our ears, “Come, come it will be just fine!”

Friends I realize that often it’s easier said than done, but I urge you to trust, place doubt on the shelf, lock and close that mental cabinet. Ask God for direction, deliverance, joy, a breakthrough, and believe it is done! The creator of the universe can be your wings and He’ll not let your fire go out! Come on let leap and dance for joy!!
With God all things are possible.~ Matthew 19:26
How Great Is Our God! We're In His Hands!
Linda Mose Meadows, Author
The Blessedness of Believing
A Devotional Journey of Life's Lessons and God's Promises (Tate Publishing, Nov 2007)
http://blessednessofbelieving.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful description of your little cousin. She reminds me of my daughter in so many ways. These girls are definitely going places :).

"With God all things are possible"

You’ve Got A Friend

  One of my favorite  songs is: “You’ve Got A Friend (originally by Carole King with Roberta Flack ) This song came rushing to my mind as I ...