Thursday, December 4, 2008

IT STARTS IN YOUR HEART

Taylor informing her classmates about Rosa Parks

Ms. Geordan "Anchor" and TV News Crew



My delight is to do your pleasure, O my God; truly, your law is in my heart.

As I said a too quick prayer, pulling my heavy tote and lunch bag out of the car making my way to the front entrance of work, I thought about wanting to share my Thanksgiving memories about my youngest amazing nieces Geordan and Taylor who are growing up and so bright! They’re cheerleaders for a community football league, academic marvels and computer whizzes and yes, still in elementary school. I was giggly with joy listening to them share their accomplishments. You learn a lot from observing poster board assignments and picking up to read the many outstanding awards and congratulatory certificates casually displayed around the home.

“Aunt Linda , I’ll email you a picture of the news team!”

"Yes I'd like that!"

"Kids, stop me for autographs that I don't even know."

Geordan is a celeb at her school; she’s a journalist at heart and enjoys the spotlight as the TV Anchor of her school’s news team. She updates her news team’s webpage without blinking. Lord knows I am so proud of her, but more importantly, it’s quite obvious that she sincerely loves and has a heart for her work. This is indeed an admirable quality. It popped into my spirit that it starts in your heart. Thank you Holy Ghost for sharing this revelation!

All of my unique nieces are like electronic billboards-it obvious that they are on assignment: Tiega (an exceptional young lawyer), Quinn (a studious and phenomenal spoken word artist ), Amber & Morgan (conscientious college students), Malika (an adept soccer player and a collegiate scholarship recipient) and Taylor (a stellar student) who’s wise beyond her years, she loves learning! They all have a commonality-they are passionate about their gifts and callings from the eldest to the youngest. God placed in each of their hearts a desire to positively impact their spheres.

Friends, I earnestly believe that God has also included you in that number; you too are creative, intelligent, compassionate, wise and capable.

What is the “it” that dwells deep within your soul? What has God placed, seeded and deposited into your spirit to accomplish? Oh it’s there, it’s a prayer away my friends!

I could name a list of it’s:
· Trusting God to make your dream a possibility in your lifetime.
· Having the finances and time to share and build______ for all to benefit from.
· Starting that long awaited business.
· Developing and jumpstarting your ministry for God's glory!
· Having a stronger prayer life, empowered with stamina to endure life.
· Traveling to that special location.
· Returning to school to complete your education, so you can open your own school.
· Career switching-Leaving that job that drains you.
· Taking a chance on love.
· Writing and publishing your book .
· Saying “no” to others demands and following your lead- yourheart.
· Joining that support group or starting your very own.
· Planting a personal/community garden.
· Exercising daily to run in a future marathon.

But who am I kidding? It may be none of these answers and it simply may be carving out a personal space of peace time in a confusing world. Whatever it is, you are encouraged not to smolder your desires, your gifts, your calling and die in the spiritual wilderness. Be sure to petition God for His divine direction and discover what is longing to be birthed in your life. Psalm 40 may entreat your heart to delight in God's will. Trust that He will reveal to you His light-His truth and equip you for living out your it- your anointed heart’s desire.

<< Psalm 40:8 >>

New American Standard Bible (©1995) I delight to do Your will, O my God; Your Law is within my heart."
GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995) I am happy to do your will, O my God." Your teachings are deep within me.
King James BibleI delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
American King James VersionI delight to do your will, O my God: yes, your law is within my heart.
American Standard VersionI delight to do thy will, O my God; Yea, thy law is within my heart.
Bible in Basic EnglishMy delight is to do your pleasure, O my God; truly, your law is in my heart.

Reference:
http://bible.cc/psalms/40-8.htm


TODAY’S PRAYER

My dearest Lord,
be now a bright flame to enlighten me,
a guiding star to lead me,
a smooth path beneath my feet,
and a kindly shepherd along my way,
today and for evermore.
Saint Columbia
Reference: Prayer for A Woman’s Soul
Mediations and Prayers to Renew your Soul (Zondervan Corp)


Thank you God for using Geordan, my nieces, and the elementary news crew team to stir our hearts today! “Hey Geordan 5,4,3,2,1, you’re on the air!” "Good morning world!"
Joyfully submitted by: Linda Mose Meadows, Author
The Blessedness of Believing
A Devotional Journey of Life's Lessons and God's Promises
Enjoy other writings:
Click on Blessed Chronicles
http://blessednessofbelieving.blogspot.com/



said...
Linda, thank you so much for this post. The spirit must be blowing across the nation this week! (I'm in Virginia!)A few weeks ago it was placed on my heart to help fellow writers "find their voice." I have met so many gifted, spirit-inspired women writers who don't believe they are worthy of being heard. This is an issue I struggled with for many years and have recently been released from the prison of unworthiness. That is why I am called to encourage and uplift them. I have been ministering to them as I had others minister to me along the way. So . . . I'm not only paying it "backward," I'm also paying it forward! Blessings to you for doing the same. December 4, 2008 10:01 PM

1 comment:

Mary Moss said...

Linda, thank you so much for this post. The spirit must be blowing across the nation this week! (I'm in Virginia!)

A few weeks ago it was placed on my heart to help fellow writers "find their voice." I have met so many gifted, spirit-inspired women writers who don't believe they are worthy of being heard.

This is an issue I struggled with for many years and have recently been released from the prison of unworthiness. That is why I am called to encourage and uplift them. I have been ministering to them as I had others minister to me along the way.

So . . . I'm not only paying it "backward," I'm also paying it forward! Blessings to you for doing the same.

You’ve Got A Friend

  One of my favorite  songs is: “You’ve Got A Friend (originally by Carole King with Roberta Flack ) This song came rushing to my mind as I ...