Saturday, February 4, 2012

STRIVING TO TRUST




Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God. Corrie Ten Boom



Determined to write a devotional, I reached for a past article written for Urban Views Weekly, July 15, 2009 entitled : When You’re at a Crossroads, the Odds are with You. How appropriate for me at this juncture of my life. When I earnestly reflect on the stations of my life, many bittersweet, I shake my head in amazement. Lord I survived and am grateful for being transformed continually!


Yes, I am in a new place spiritually and physically. Divine growth spurts got here. At the time of my July 2009 writing we resided in Virginia and had gone home to Buffalo, New York to visit friends and family, secretly I wanted to return. For many years I was terribly home sick, I longed for a break from the numerous pain filled valley experiences, but blessed events also. Before the July 2009 article was birthed I sat at my dear friend, Renita’s home and marveled at a granddaughter whom I had only seen in photos.


This very busy little toddler so bright and rambunctious had very mature language skills which were matched with her determination and zeal. She zipped around the house searching for her princess clothes. She too was in search of something precious. Renita and I shared and caught up on past and present news- relevant to our lives. We exchanged pleasantries and then got to the heart matters that often surface after we comfortably settled into heart matters that can’t be overlooked. She said something like “Lin you’re living out your heart’s desire.” She was referencing my writing and published work. I hadn't thought of it that way. It just seemed that I was search of what seemed elusive-peace and contentment needed to make my life complete, but yet it felt impossible in a place that was far from home.


Well let’s fast forward, now I am seated at my dining room table in Orlando, Florida with lap top open and writing now for several other publications! I'm prayerful and very thankful-not so out of sorts. I'm expecting and anticipating further accomplishments and trusting that the fruition of what I long for will happen. Imagine my husband and I am now Floridians, feeling at home and excited about the future. It gives me goose bumps as my mind races and sifts through the numerous journeys that got us here. I am so pleased to be in this warm climate, a place of respite that seems to just swallow me in and assure me that change is surfacing.


My spirit is lifted and the heaviness that was so familiar has been disrobed like a heavy wool coat. Not that long ago, I was wondering do we pay the mortgage for this month or should we just pay the utilities instead and try to catch up in the following month? Too much anxiety! Yes, not that long ago I wondered (feeling bewildered) should I pack up my belongings and just retreat for home where familiar surroundings and an assured comfort zone of reliable family and friends could be counted on. But truth be told I would have missed out on the struggles, challenges and victories that were meant exclusively for me, for us. Living and surviving this life is not for the faint-hearted! I believe God is communicating with us this day my friends. As shared initially I thought I would submit an article I’d previously written but thank God I thought better of that! Instead I grabbed my devotional (Jesus Calling by Sarah Young) and then referenced scripture (Holy Bible New Living Translation). Here are the words and text that resonated in my spirit. The words spoke to my heart and gave me the direction needed:





STRIVE TO TRUST ME…. “I am sovereign over every aspect of your life; it is
possible to trust Me in all situations. Don’t waste energy regretting the way
things are or thinking about what might have been. Start at the present
moment-accepting things exactly as they are-and search for My way in the midst
of those circumstances.” Psalm 52:8; Proverbs 3:5-6




But I am like an olive tree, thriving in the house of God.
I will always trust in God's unfailing love.


Psalm 52:8




Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.


Proverbs 3:5-6



So my friends I trust that your spirits are encouraged that as you look-searching for your things, you too are living and writing new chapters! Go on and live your authentic lives as you trust God’s unfailing love. Troubles don't cease, but your life line of grace and mercy are more than adequate. You will survive! He’s orchestrated your route and has given you the heart to navigate your paths, just be sure to lean on God's truths not your limited understanding.




You very well may be at the cross roads looking over from this to that, but we know that seasons come and they go! Yes indeed change ultimately occurs generally for our good. And finally, connect with some loving souls-new and old friends you’ll be amazed at the revelations shared, that you too are reaching or have reached more of your heart’s desire than you imaged. Be sure to whisper a prayer of thanksgiving to our Lord and Savior as you acknowledge his omnipotence! Now get where you need to go and boldly strive to trust Him all the more.




Hope to see you at the cross roads!


Writteb by Inspirational Author, Motivational Speaker, Blogger & Columnist: Linda Mose Meadows. She is married to Rev. Richard D. Meadows, Jr., Pastor of The Episcopal Church of St. John The Baptist located in Orlando, Florida. Learn more about her endeavors of celebrating ordinary days with extraordinary promises through her devotional, blogs, and columns by visiting:



The Blessedness of BelievingA Devotional Journey of Life's Lessons and God's Promises by Linda Mose Meadows (Tate Publishing, Nov. 2007)
http://blessednessofbelieving.blogspot.com/
http://blessedauthorlm.wordpress.com/
http://eyesoffaithmagazine.blogspot.com/
Thank you, emails are welcome: blessedbelievers1@yahoo.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

You’ve Got A Friend

  One of my favorite  songs is: “You’ve Got A Friend (originally by Carole King with Roberta Flack ) This song came rushing to my mind as I ...