Friday, October 8, 2010

GOD'S BEEN JUST THAT GOOD!

Howard Magazine Fall 2010 Renewing Our Legacy~
Howard University Alumn (class '79)
Linda Mose Meadows cherishing this moment!
The Blessedness of Believing
A Devotional Journey of Life's Lessons and God's Promises
on Bison Bookshelf page 44.



Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music;
make music to the LORD with the harp, with the harp and the sound of singing,
with trumpets and the blast of the ram's horn


shout for joy before the LORD, the King.
Let the sea resound, and everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it.
Let the rivers clap their hands, Let the mountains sing together for joy;
let them sing before the LORD,
for he comes to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples with equity.
Psalm 98:4-9 NIV


God’s been so good!

He’s been just that good!
That’s a snippet of the lyrics from songstress extraordinaire Lalah Hathaway. Her heartfelt lyrics and Kirk Whalum’s moving music causes me to sway, rock rhythmically, shake my head and dance in my spirit! It’s my lunch hour, my brief stroll has concluded, my office door is shut, my salad awaits me and my heart is about to burst. It's my intention to also catch up and read my Fall 2010 Howard Magazine. This is too much for the moment, but it’s ok. I shut out confusion and joy envelopes my workspace. I must, must contain myself. When I reflect on the many wonders, the innumerable demonstrated acts of grace and mercy that God doles out continually. Yes, continually to not only me, but my friends and let’s not talk about our family members that have overcome many obstacles, setbacks and experienced miracles.
It is cause for a full blown celebration!
It is reason to just sing, sing with passion about a passionate Holy Father’s unconditional love! I am being serenaded during lunch! I just can’t stop sharing Kirk Whalum’s exemplary job with his CD entitled: The Gospel According to Jazz III.
No more fitting Gospel in a neat little compartment. It’s so much more. I am so grateful for this awesome collection of instrumental and jazz renditions of some seasoned favorites and now new selections that usher us into praise and worship. The words, the expressions and the ignited thanksgiving for a Savior that saves and anchors us--it’s timely as always. It’s no wonder I am reflecting on God’s favor that’s unmerited on our behalf. I just have to acknowledge God and thank Him! Hope you too are doing likewise? It’s lunch time and the spiritual food is sumptuous! My devotional being featured in my Alma Mater-Howard University’s Fall 2010 issue of Howard Magazine’s Bison Book Shelf just causes me to sing louder and appreciate all the more how God’s been just that good!


The Gospel According to Jazz III









Overjoyed!
Linda Mose Meadows, Urban Views Weekly Columnist and Inspirational Author of: The Blessedness of Believing A Devotional Journey of Life’s Lessons and God’s Promises and Co-publisher of Eyes of Faith Magazine
http://blessednessofbelieving.blogspot.com/
http://blessedauthorlm.wordpress.com/ http://eyesoffaithmagazine.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Lucrecer said...

Found you by way of a link from my blog. Wanted to say you have a lovely space here.

You’ve Got A Friend

  One of my favorite  songs is: “You’ve Got A Friend (originally by Carole King with Roberta Flack ) This song came rushing to my mind as I ...