Friday, November 13, 2009

GOOGLE YOUR NAME!



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11






Today friends that's just what I did, google my name! Try it you'll be amazed at what awaits you! Then I typed my name in the search box on YouTube to discover my reading of my poem Destiny by Linda Mose Meadows. This reading was at the Word4Word Anniversary celebration at Aroma's Cafe in Newport News. Generally I enjoy writing devtionals, but since attending the Word4Word Open Mics I thought I'd attempt writing poetry. We were challenged to write about "destiny". Look out Nikki, I am here!(Nikki Giovani is one of my favorite poets :-) I'm having a wonderful time actively participating in my life friends! I thank God for the wonderful opportunities and celebrations that God brings my way! I pray that you too are embracing your destinies!



DESTINY
by Linda Mose Meadows

Sharing, Hearing what the Divine has pushed her to believe,
Struggling, falling, crawling, leaning, swaying
letting one cane fall softly to the warn carpet
she reaches for her prosthesis

Before long, standing proudly and then comfortably moving toward her motorized chair
Destiny delights in newly acquainted freedom
No containing her for another neighbor's "dop-in" interrogation

"Energy to spare" is what rolls off wagging, jealous tongues
"She only got one good leg, while the others a stump!"
"She don't sit still!"
Destiny chuckles in anticipation of
Bumpy, cracked sidewalks,
unpaved roads, hard hats and Warning signs!
Secretly it's a delicious challenge, reborn joy, deep down joy
She whispers How great thou art!"

Destiny's mind races
bygone days of dancing halls, reaching for bursting peaches and walking carefree
Kicking up some dust!

She is assured:
"Greater is He that is within me!"
"For I know t
he plans I have for you!"
"You are not forsaken!"
"Those He foreknew He foreloved!"


Destiny witnesses the bewildering stares, gawking, wondering:
"Where she headed?"
Smiling, eyes twinkling
Nods her heart answers,
"I am headed somewhere, the Lord knows!"
"I'm alive, I'm alive!"



Shared In Love--Keep hope in yor hearts,
Linda Mose Meadow, Inspiratonal Columnist & Author:
The Blessedness of Believing A Devotional Journey of Life's Lessons and God's Promises
http://blessednessofbelieving.blogspot.com/

http://blessedauthorlm.wordpress.com/

No comments:

You’ve Got A Friend

  One of my favorite  songs is: “You’ve Got A Friend (originally by Carole King with Roberta Flack ) This song came rushing to my mind as I ...