Wednesday, January 7, 2009

GOD LISTENS


The faithful love of the Lord never ends!



His mercies never cease.Great is his faithfulness;



his mercies begin afresh each morning.



I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance;therefore, I will hope in him!”
The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him.
Lamentations 3:22-25



Initially, I wanted to entitle this post: Sometimes We Have to Cry but after my lunch walk, a timely work day devotional and scripture reflections-“I changed my mind.” as my friend Marion would say!

Today, I was feeling that pangs of hurt and disappointment which wore so heavy on my spirit that I needed to talk to friend in route to work. At the conclusion of our conversation she shared that her morning reading said something to the effect of:

“Trust an unknown future to a known God.”

I don’t know who said it, but it was right on time! Before arriving to work I was singing off key but feeling so much better! Later that morning I would receive an e-inspirational reading from beliefnet. It was aptly entitled 12 Ways to Mend a Broken Heart.

Can’t you see it? Yes, truly God was up to something this morning!

Deliverance!

My spirit must have echoed –“Speak to my heart Holy Spirit!”

During my lunchtime walk my intentions were to further lift my spirit and redirect my energy towards more positive thoughts and behavior.

Would you agree that there are many instances in our lives when we feel deep sorrows and disappointments and are too consumed by emotional, spiritual and unfortunate physical afflictions. As we use to say as kids-“too jacked up” to refocus and regroup ourselves to know that God has equipped us to survive and move on if need be? Yes, to survive the wrong done, and ultimately experience the compassion that can be found in a loving Heavenly Father that can and will restore our spirits.

It’s apparent that this was no accident, my husband sharing this you tube video with me regarding a phone call from a grieving 12-yr old boy to Houston radio station KSBJ FM 89.3. The message was so moving that KSBJ posted it on their website. Be inspired by this wonderfully moving and unrehearsed conversation shared in grief. I promise you that you’ll be blessed.








Be further encouraged by this heartrending and beautifully written devotional by my friend, Pastor Renita Shadwick in Baby Love Notes entitled: There Will Be Crying found in the Blessedness of Believing blog (written July 25, 2008):

And finally, be empowered by Hope of Relief in God's Mercy found scripture


Yes my friends, God does listen to our heartfelt concerns.

Blessings to You!
We Are in GOD'S Hands!
Author, Linda Mose Meadows
The Blessedness of Believing
A Devotional Journey of Life's Lessons and God's Promises (Tate Publishing, Nov 2007)
http://blessednessofbelieving.blogspot.com/

No comments:

You’ve Got A Friend

  One of my favorite  songs is: “You’ve Got A Friend (originally by Carole King with Roberta Flack ) This song came rushing to my mind as I ...