Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A SPLENDID AFTERNOON SPENT AT WALDEN BOOKS-CHESAPEAKE SQUARE MALL, PORTSMOUTH, VA.













Praise the Lord! For he has heard my cry for mercy.
The Lord is my strength, my shield from every danger. I trust in him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
Burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

Psalm 28: 6, 7

The day was just that Splendid. As I enjoyed my short lunch walk I wondered for a moment, how should I describe my Saturday afternoon experience? It wasn’t just another weekend to catch up on housework; although it’s really needed. The word splendid popped in my mind. I reflected on how wonderfully splendid described the day!

Today as I walked around campus during my routine lunch hour with crunched the leaves underfoot, I couldn’t help but smile, remembering how I used to love playing in the leaves. These walks confirm for me that change is imminent. A year ago book signings weren’t really anything I wanted to think too hard about. And when the ATP (answer to prayer) was realized my stomach would be in knots the morning of the event. It’s gotten so much better now, I’m more relaxed and I fully appreciate that this is God’s doing being Author Linda Mose Meadows! It’s amazing how God changes our seasons! I knew it would bring home the point of splendid if I goggled and found the definition. Well here it is:

splen·did [ spléndəd ]
adjective

Definition:

1. magnificent: impressive because of quality or size
2. radiant: reflecting light brilliantly
3. excellent: excellent or highly enjoyable
4. acclaimed: very well known and acclaimed
Last weekends’ book signing was indeed another excellent opportunity for God to display His intent for my book. There is much that is being revealed but what I believe is the book signings aren’t simply to say, “Hey I am an author. ” But more importantly it’s an opportunity to share my journey with experiencing God’s grace and mercy when I wondered what in the world was occurring? While at Walden Books I was greeted enthusiastically by book lovers, several of which are authors and those curious by my presence.
The night before the signing, my dear friend Katherine Brown phoned me and we chatted for a brief moment and then she inquired about Saturday. I shared my book signing event and immediately she prayed for the success of the signing and that those that didn’t know Jesus would after my testimony about The Blessedness of Believing would! Her heartfelt prayers must have kissed heaven. Her fervrent prayer was evident by the number of curious onlookers and customers present during the book signing. Before long it looked and felt as though we were having a party. Friends, it’s humbling trying to explain a move of God.

I appreciate that God honored Katherine’s prayer request and blessed me in my book promotion as well as Walden Books. That afternoon wrapped up with devotional lovers, parents, students and a military family which purchased the devotional as a gift for her husband at sea. I was thrilled to see other writing comrades (authors: Susan New, Rique Johnson, Phyllis Johnson and Dr. Helen Luster) and those led to make their way in the vicinity of Walden Book Store that learned of The Blessedness Of Believing A Devotional Journey of Life’s Lessons and God’s Promises and said, “Surely I’ll buy your book!” I thank God for them and how it was yep- such a splendid afternoon spent at Walden Books.

Joyfully Submitted by Linda Mose Meadows
The Blessedness of Believing-A Devotional Journey of Life’s Lessons and God’s Promises
Enjoy other writings:Click on Blessed Chronicles
http://blessednessofbelieving.blogspot.com/

No comments:

You’ve Got A Friend

  One of my favorite  songs is: “You’ve Got A Friend (originally by Carole King with Roberta Flack ) This song came rushing to my mind as I ...