Wednesday, January 21, 2009

THE FOUNDATION FOR A BETTER LIFE- PERSEVERANCE IS KEY!

“…. since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.” Hebrews 12:1-3

Daily I receive an e-quote of the day and am usually moved to share. Today's quote was no exception, I believe it's timely. It's a fine day, a great moment in my estimation to do just that, share with others our own moments when we persevered against all odds. I feel it in my spirit, I must PERSEVERE!

Yesterday my family and I witnessed two elderly women, each one holding the handle of a walker as they gingerly pressed their way through the streets, the tunnel, the bone chilling cold and the crowds all headed towards the National Mall for the inaguration festivities. Did I mention that the women hadn't met prior to their both walking towards the National Mall? One of them had to initiate the helping hand and ultimatley the supportive walker. My husband commented that those sweet ladies gave meaning to the word "pressing your way."

I am confident that we are encouraged as a community after such an historic occassion of the inauguration of this nation's 44th President Barack Obama to also press our way-to persevere in this life time through the hardships, setbacks, the inconveniences, the hurdles, uncertainties and the tough personal tests!

My friends presevere with Hebrews 12 tucked in your hearts. We will endure!

Enjoy the site and consider registering with The Foundation for A Better Life for e messages. I pray you are inspired by the personal accounts, podcasts, billboards, sightings, heroes and your own endurance lessons and are divinley motivated to positively impact not just your life, but those in your circle.

It's the time of our lives to press towards the mark of the high calling!








"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.”
—Marie Curie (1867-1934), chemist, physicist, Nobel Prize winner



We are a non-profit organization dedicated to sharing the values that make a difference in our communities. We create public service campaigns that model the benefits of a life lived by positive values. In turn, we hope to inspire people to make values a part of their own lives, and then to communicate the benefits to others.

Submitted In Love,
Linda Mose Meadows, author
The Blessedness of Believing-A Devotional Journey of Life’s Lessons and God’s Promises
http://blessednessofbelieving.blogspot.com/

No comments:

You’ve Got A Friend

  One of my favorite  songs is: “You’ve Got A Friend (originally by Carole King with Roberta Flack ) This song came rushing to my mind as I ...